Starter Lawn Food 10-20-5
C-I-L® Starter Lawn Food 10-20-5 is the ideal fertilizer to support over-seeding, new seed planting and sodding. This starter lawn fertilizer encourages fast and intense root and blade development. It delivers vital slow-release feed for a long-lasting action and improves resistance to disease, drought and cold conditions for an optimal new lawn start.
- How to use
- Application Rate
7 kg (15.4 lb)
1 833 sq. ft.
- Nourishes root development
- Increases growth
- Helps improve disease resistance
Role of NPK
NITROGEN 10: Gives you green grass, fast! This water-ready, quick-release formula helps produce more chlorophyll for a faster, thicker, darker lawn.
PHOSPHORUS 20: Supports the root system and encourages plant growth, especially when over-seeding, laying sod and planting new seed.
POTASSIUM 5: To help plants fight off disease and retain water. Expressed as Total Nitrogen, Available Phosphoric Acid and Soluble Potash.
How to use
1. Apply this product before laying sod or spreading grass seed.
- Apply with spreader.
- Use spreader settings for your brand/model. Too much fertilizer can burn the lawn.
- Do not apply by hand.
- Fill spreader on a solid surface (not lawn). Sweep to remove any spillage.
- Guaranteed burn-proof when used according to label directions.
- To ensure uniform coverage, spread fertilizer over entire surface in a criss-cross pattern, first applying lengthwise, and then widthwise.
- Close the spreader when stopping or turning.
2. Water lightly after fertilization to ensure maximum absorption. Note: Do not apply near bodies of water, if heavy rain is expected, to frozen ground or at a higher application rate than recommended on the label.
When to apply
Spring and summer: Apply in early spring and re-apply every 4-6 weeks.
Fall: Apply C-I-L® Fall Lawn Food 12-0-18 designed to improve resistance to cold winter conditions and promote early spring growth and green-up.
- Apply C-I-L® BIO-WEED & FEED® Lawn Food 9-0-0 in the spring to help prevent weeds.
- When cutting, set mower height at 7.5 cm (3 in) and leave clippings on the lawn.
- Continue application monthly to ensure healthy grass growth that will help with weed control.
- Use the right spreader setting for the brand/model you have.
- Water in the lawn fertilizer to get fast, effective results.
Store in original container in a dry area.
Recycle or discard empty container in household garbage.
Spreader settings are guidelines only. Coverage varies with walking speed. To ensure accurate coverage, walk at a normal pace. For other spreaders, apply at a rate of 4 kg per 100 m2 (8.4 lb per 1 000 sq. ft.). Use as part of a complete fertilizer program.