IRON+ Premium Grass Seed Sun & Shade
C-I-L® IRON+ Premium Sun & Shade Grass Seed gives fast, effective results in both sunny and shady areas. Perfect for seeding new lawns, overseeding or repairing bald spots. Innovative IRON+™ technology delivers iron to your lawn to help create a greener, thicker lawn. SURESTART® XTREME technology delivers nutrients that promote early seedling growth and better establishment.
* Product available exclusively in Home Hardware stores.
- How to use
- Application Rate
1.4 kg (3 lb)
3 230 sq. ft.
How to use
New lawn seeding or repairing bald spots
- Loosen the soil bed to a depth of 7 cm (3 in). Rake and remove debris and rocks. Cover with C-I-L® Enriched Lawn Soil for a nutrient-rich planting medium.
- Apply evenly to the prepared area with a spreader or by hand.
- Lightly rake and tamp to make sure the seed has contact with the soil.
- Lightly water daily to keep the seed moist until established.
- Mow your lawn on a low setting.
- Loosen surface soil using a rake to clear debris and dead grass.
- Top with C-I-L® Enriched Lawn Soil for a nutrient-rich planting medium.
- Apply following above instructions.
When to apply
Apply in mid-spring when soil temperatures warm up or mid-August to late September. Optimal germination occurs between 10 °C and 25 °C. Cool spring weather and freezing temperatures will delay germination and growth.
- Mow new grass when it reaches 7 cm (3 in) high, not before.
- Apply C-I-L® Lawn Fertilizer 6 to 8 weeks after new grass emerges to continually nourish and protect your lawn.
- Do not apply weed treatment until after the third mowing to protect the new grass plants.
Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep well-sealed.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
Safety data sheet
Guaranteed minimum analysis
Nitrogen (N): 0.04%
Available phosphate (P2O5): 0.25%
Iron (Fe) (actual): 0.10% Manganese (Mn) (actual): 0.05%
Zinc (Zn) (actual): 0.20%
This product contains manganese and zinc and should be used only as recommended. It may prove harmful when misused.
98.75% seed (Kentucky Bluegrass, Creeping Red Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass and Intermediate Ryegrass).