Coated Grass Seed
C-I-L® Coated Grass Seed gives fast, effective results in both sunny and shady areas. Perfect for seeding new lawns, overseeding or repairing bald spots. Seed coating helps retain water, which is essential for grass seed success. Grow a thicker lawn with 25% more seed.
- How to use
- Application rate
1 kg (2.2 lb)
2 kg (4.4 lb)
5 kg (11 lb)
10 kg (22lb)
25 kg (55 lb)
1 kg: 1 615 sq. ft.
2 kg: 3 230 sq. ft.
5 kg: 8 073 sq. ft.
10 kg:16 146 sq. ft
25 kg: 40 365 sq. ft.
- Water absorbent coating for improved water retention
- 25% more seed
- Better seed to soil contact for better seed establishment
How to use
New lawn seeding or repairing bald spots
- Loosen the soil bed to a depth of 7 cm (3 in). Rake and remove debris and rocks. Cover with C-I-L® Enriched Lawn Soil for a nutrient-rich planting medium.
- Apply evenly to the prepared area with a spreader or by hand.
- Lightly rake and tamp to make sure the seed has contact with the soil.
- Lightly water daily to keep the seed moist until established.
- 1. Mow your lawn on a low setting.
- 2. Loosen surface soil using a rake to clear debris and dead grass.
- 3. Top with C-I-L® Enriched Lawn Soil for a nutrient-rich planting medium.
- 4. Apply following above instructions.
When to apply
Apply in mid-spring when soil temperatures warm up or mid-August to late September. Optimal germination occurs between 10 °C and 25 °C. Cool spring weather and freezing temperatures will delay germination and growth.
- Mow new grass when it reaches 7 cm (3 in) high, not before.
- Apply C-I-L® Lawn Fertilizer 6 to 8 weeks after new grass emerges to continually nourish and protect your lawn.
- Do not apply weed treatment until after the 3rd mowing to protect the new grass plants.
Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep well-sealed.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
0 05826 233859 1
0 58262 63844 8
0 0 58262 63845 5
0 058262 33846 1
0 058262 33847 8
Safety data sheet
- 32.5% Coating (limestone powder, sucrose)
- 32.5% Coated grass seeds (30% Kentucky Bluegrass, 40% Creeping Red Fescue, 30% Perennial Ryegrass)
- 30.0% Annual Ryegrass (uncoated)
- 5.0% Calcium sulphate